How to Verify Your Social Media Profiles
Standing out on social media can be a challenging task, but one of the easiest ways marketers and brands can get a leg up on competitors is through profile verification. While the steps to request verification are simple, becoming approval-worthy usually takes time and patience.
Verified social media accounts are usually marked by a blue checkmark symbol. When social media verification was first introduced it represented status and was reserved for celebrities and public figures with massive followings.
However today this symbol stands for credibility and legitimacy for brands allowing you to gain followers faster and increase engagement. Overall, verification badges create value because they are exclusive.
Wondering how to get your social profile verified? Follow along as we will walk you through the steps below!
How To Get Verified on Instagram
- Tap themenuicon on your Instagram account profile (upper right-hand corner)
- SelectRequest Verification
- Fill out the Request Verification form
Submitting the request form for your Instagram profile doesn’t guarantee a blue checkmark. After you fill out the form and send it, Instagram will review your profile and decide whether to verify you.
Instagram will get back to you within 30 days of submission. You can find the social network’s decision in your notifications center.
If your request is approved, the verified badge will appear on your profile. If your request is denied, you can apply for a verified account again after 30 days.
- Authenticity. Authentic accounts represent real people and businesses.
- Uniqueness. Only one account per person can be verified. There are some exceptions for language-specific accounts.
- Complete. Complete accounts have a bio, profile picture, and at least one post. They are also public.
- Notability. Notable accounts are well-known and highly searched for on Instagram. Alternatively, notable accounts can represent individuals or brands featured in the news, not including paid promotional content.
We recommend reviewing Instagram’s requirements and optimizing your account before you apply.
How To Get Verified on Facebook
- Go to Facebook’sRequest a Blue Verification BadgePage
- Select your verification type (page or profile)
- Select a category
- Select your country
- Upload a photo ID
- Explain why your account should be verified
You must upload an official document to request verification of your Facebook page or profile.
For individuals, a driver’s license or another government-issued ID card will suffice. For a business page, you can provide articles of incorporation, a certificate of formation, your company’s phone or utility bill, or tax documents.
After you send your request, Facebook’s verification team will review your information and decide. If you are approved, a blue badge will appear on your profile. If your request is denied, you can apply for a verified account again after 30 days.
Facebook’s verification eligibility requirements are the same as Instagram’s.
A complete profile on Facebook includes the about section, page, or profile photo, and at least one post. You should be active on Facebook and complete other sections, such as the cover photo, to increase your chances of becoming verified.
How to Get Verified on Google My Business
- Sign in toGoogle My Business
- Go to yourGoogle My Business dashboard
- ClickVerify now in the upper right corner
- Make sure your information iscorrect
- Enter the name of the person receiving the verificationpostcard
- ClickSend postcard
- When you receive your card, log in and selectVerify now (or Verify location)
- Enter the verification code on your postcard
Businesses, however, should pay attention to Google verification, which helps with search engine optimization (SEO) and driving more store traffic.
Google verifies most businesses via mail. The team will send you a postcard containing your verification code.
Once verified, it can take up to a few weeks for your business information to begin appearing on Google.
Verifying your business allows your business profile to appear on Google Maps and Google Search. It also means you can add photos and respond to reviews.
Please let us know if we can help with any of your Social Media needs.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-569-0135